Friday, January 30, 2009

FOUR

Zach is four!
We tried to make the day special by starting with his favorite breakfast.Daddy came home and took Zach to a park for lunch.

We went out to dinner and then Zach got to use his birthday gift card to find the toy of his dreams (a Ninja turtle action figure and a Baby Animal Encyclopedia)

The party continues on Saturday with a family treasure hunt ending with cake and gifts.

In the morning I told Zach the story about the day he was born. I listed all the people that were there to meet him and how he was the very first grandbaby for all of his grandparents. I told him I had tears in my eyes when I first saw him because I was so happy to be holding my little boy. He loved listening. When I was tucking him in last night he told me,

"Mom, I had tears in my eyes too, when I was born."

"Oh, you did? Why?"

"Because I was so, so happy that you were my mommy."

And right then and there, my heart melted.

14 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

oh man. Thanks for making me feel like a baby, I totally teared up at the end there. How amazingly precious - what a beautiful moment to remember. *tears*

dixonfamily said...

So sweet! Great memories! What a wonderful birthday and what a sweet little boy you have! Happy Birthday to Zach. Enjoy the rest of the birthday festivities!!

The Rylanders said...

Zach is such a precious little boy, that story had me crying. The things these little angels say make everything worthwhile. Happy Birthday Zach!

Erin S said...

Awwww, what a sweet little guy you have!! Totally have tears in my eyes right now. Happy Birthday, Zach!

Christy said...

okay, that story brought tears to MY eyes. what a sweetie!!

also, zach is looking so grown up in those pictures. wow!

happy birthday zach!

Jill Revell said...

No joke, what Zach said is probably the cutest thing I've ever heard! What a sweet little boy. Happy Birthday Zach!

Isaura said...

What a sweet story!! My heart would have been mush too.
Great pictures of your little guy.

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

How sweet is your little guy! That made my heart melt too! What a cutie! Happy Bday big guy!

A said...

So sweet - my eyes even got a little teary!! What a cute kid!

Nicole said...

awwwwwww, no words... sweet lil guy!

Tiffany said...

I tear up reading your blog more than anything else! You have such a sweet family! Little Zach is changing so much from the last time I saw him. What a cutie!

Lisa said...

That is the sweetest story ever- it made me even tear up! I can't believe Zach is four! Happy Birthday, Zach!

beadify said...

Hey Elder Painter & fam.
How funny, looks like there is already a comment on here from a "Dixon Family." Well, that's us too! This is "Sister Weeks" from the mission. I saw your blog address on the mission website. You have such a cute little family! Your wife must be a photographer, because you have some amazing pic on here! Glad to see you are doing well!

Missy said...

Could he be any cuter??!! I love him. He is just the sweetest and I can sense that just from your posts (even before this one). What a darling little boy. So excited for you to have another one.