Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Photobucket
I love this photograph.
I feel like it says so much about my kids ages (and maybe a touch of personality too).
This was taken at our ward party last weekend, about 2 minutes into the donut game.
The game where you can't use your hands to eat the donut on a string.
Zach stands there, no bite thus far, but patiently going at it.
And Lily, well, she doesn't suffer fools gladly.
She's taken matters into her own hands, literally.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zachary's kindergarten Halloween party was last Wednesday, and I was in charge of the craft.
We made these little owl cookie pops. Fun and cute. (made from a moon pie!)
We spent the weekend in St. Louis for my grandfather's 80th birthday party.
It was a wonderful time.
I got back this afternoon and was feeling horrible.
So sick, I slept for 6 hours.
And now here it is Halloween night.
I'm afraid I won't get a decent picture of their costumes this year,
(maybe I can convince them to dress up tomorrow?)
and tomorrow is November 1st.
I can think of two radio stations that will be playing Christmas music.
This time of year goes so quickly, and I do love it.

7 comments:

Isaura said...

love those owls!! i love seeing all the unique treats people make for halloween. we just had the donut game at our ward trunk or treat and it was a hit. cupcake walk, donut relay and trunk or treating all in one night. how do kids do it??? we had ours on friday and primary was a zoo today. hope you guys have an awesome night!

Erin S said...

Lily makes me laugh! So cute! Yes, Christmas will be here before we know it, but I am excited. Hope you are feeling better!

Christy said...

Sorry your sick! The bug is holding on here, too. Great pictures, your kids look so cute dressed up. Is that a gorilla costume roman is wearing? Darling. And the craft is fantastic! Leave it to you, Tara. :)

Bailey Family said...

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.

Halloween was crazy around our house...I will have to tell you all about it. I handed out candy at my mom's house.

See you soon.

Barbara said...

those are cute owls! I bet the kids loved being able to make those!
Great donut picts!

Nicole said...

I hope you're feeling better. Bummer timing!

And those crafts are too cute --- what a great room parent! ;)

Janet Johnson said...

Too cute! Smart girl, for sure. And way cute owl cookies! Mental note for next year. :)

Hope you are feeling better.