Tuesday, March 20, 2012

an artist at work on a rainy day.

Photobucket
We had the most beautiful weather last week for our spring break.
Everyone was home, giving me a glimpse of what summer will look like.
And then Monday rolled around, and with it came clouds and rain.
I like our routine.
As chaotic as it sometimes feels,
there are moments of perfect silence and peace.
Something magical aligns and we are simultaneously engaged in our pursuits.
Mere minutes. Sometimes only seconds.
Learning, growing, discovering.
I always think: this is why I am here.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's been so long since I've read your blog and I forget how much I love reading it! I love your perspective on being a mother and your positive attitude. So refreshing. Btw, what do you use to draw on the glass? We could use some of that over here.

Jamie and Kiley said...

My kids LOVE to use the window crayons and markers. They really were a brilliant invention! :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you had some nice weather during the break! Ours has been a bit rainy but really, inside with Nora is where I want to be!

Bailey Family said...

I have had a few of those moments recently. I have resisted the urge to move...because I did not want to interrupt the beautiful moment.
Thanks for sharing.

Christy said...

i love the picture and your thoughts. thank you!

we tried out those window markers and they were so hard to clean up! that might have had something to do with the fact that sophie was two at the time and wasn't just drawing on windows... :)

Jill Revell said...

so cute! i really need to relax and let my kids create and make more messes :)